Pages

My One Word....

Ali Edwards has this wonderful thing she does every year, she thinks of one word she wants to focus and work on for the year. I thought it was so great to be able to really concentrate on this one word and do it right. Here is what she said:

One Little Word

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life.

Ali even has a class you can do throughout the year to help you rememeber and work on your "One Word" If you want to learn more about it, HERE is the link.

Soooo,I thought for an entire week about what I wanted my One Word to be. I really wanted something that encompassed what I want this year to become and the person I want to be. So many words came to my mind, but I couldn't settle on a word because it just didn't feel right. Then, this morning I was watching "Super Why" with Kylin and t

he "super story answer" was HOME. And it hit me so hard, that is my word.

It envelopes everything I want this year to be for me and my family. I want to make my house more of a home. I want to keep it cleaner, talk softer, have the spirit here more often by doing the kind of things that will invite it into our home. Family home evening, more prayer, spend more quality time with the kids, talk kinder and more patiently. I want to make relationships stronger and in turn it will make our home a more wonderful place to be. It will be a safe haven from the world where Craig and I and each of our kids love to be. Yes, I think home is the perfect "one word" for me this year.

ps. I am doing my 365 a picture a day challenge this year...

I really and gonna do it this time :) I already started, so check it out...the link is on the side now. I am also writing down one thing I am thankful for everyday when I post the picture.

Photobucket

3 comments :

BensonFam said...

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your post Kel. It is so completely in line with my own thoughts over these past few days about what I want for this coming year. Good luck and here's to HOME!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect word :) Sums everything that's anything important in life up :) Love it Kelley :)

Kim said...

that is perfect kel...just posted mine too.